Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School and its subsidiary, the Savannah Law School, are Georgia’s only stand-alone law schools preparing students for legal careers in the public and private sectors. These schools serve as a strategic resource for legal talent for small, mid-size and large law firms, corporations and public service organizations throughout the country, and service an array of non-traditional students at both campuses.
Insight and Strategy Summary
Because AJMLS/SLS are for-profit educational facilities, they are not considered among Georgia’s elite law schools and do not attract top pre-law graduates. ST!R Marketing concentrated on the appeal of academic programs at AJMLS and SLS (a Juris Doctor, J.D. Honors Program in Criminal Justice and three LL.M. programs) by positioning AJMLS and SLS as pathways to legal careers for students who are older, working, cannot go to school full time, seeking a career change and/or want to make a difference in society.
ST!R Marketing was brought in to support the small, two-person communications team at AJMLS/SLS by:
- Promoting upcoming events via traditional, legal and social media and with state bar associations and local chambers of commerce
- Promoting the colleges’ outstanding professors such as Jonathan Rapping, president and founder of Gideon’s Promise (an agency that trains public defenders), and Associate Dean Jeffery Van Detta, an expert in tort law
- Promoting the AJMLS partnership with the Catholic Charities Atlanta’s Immigration Clinic, which gives students a look at the real world that other law schools do not offer
Exceeding maximum attendance at Atlanta Open Houses by 190 percent.
- Exceeding maximum attendance at Atlanta open houses by 190% first year, first semester; 160% first-year, second semester; 195% second year, first semester; Savannah attendance increased 130% first year, first semester; and 30%first-year, second semester.
- Increasing full-time deposits for Atlanta’s fall semester by 20% year-over-year; increasing part-time deposits for Atlanta’s fall semester by 9% year-over-year.
- Increasing both full-time and part-time Hispanic deposits.
Partner with us.
Let's tell your story and drive the change you want, today.Say Hello